Saturday, December 23, 2006

Pudhu uravu pooththadhu

December 22 2006, yet another important day in my life. I got a new tiny little niece. Months to come there would be a girl who would be calling me maamaa. Ofcourse daughter of my elder sister (my mom's sis' daughter) called me maamaa some 10 years ago. Still I am thrilled another time to hear another of my niece to call me maamaa. Along with this lot of joy, it is strange and a bit of sad feel that I have, since I have not seen her yet. Yes I am about 6000 kms away from chennai deeply into my early morning sleep in my bed at london when she was born. Sad because I could not be near. Strange because it repeats. I was there almost until she was born (left to UK only a fortnight before). Earlier when her elder brother Sriram was born fortunately I was there till his naming ceremony but could not make it for his 1st year birthday celebrations due to yet another onsite assignment. This time I will not be there even for her naming ceremony. Perhaps me being away during their important ceremonies might be is what is destined and might what be good for them too. May God bless them with happiness, prosperity, good heart, good mind, good feature, good health, good life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ram said...

convey my regards to ur sis.. but bugger as usual u suddenly vanish.. i was trying to reach u this weekend as i had plans to be in town and there was no response... anycase how long is the stay this time ??

December 27, 2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Sriram said...

hey, technically speaking even i should be calling you mama.. but then, i saw her last week...shes cute.. dont worry abt not being here.. make sure you get her a lot of chocolates when you get back :)

December 29, 2006 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No feelings pappu mama :D
i held her in my arms last week.. she's really cute..
and yeah.. get her lotsa chocolates!!

December 29, 2006 2:42 AM  
Blogger Kupps said...

ramsam
its just a short term. wud be back next week mid.

sriram & madhu
my reputation total damage :)

December 29, 2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home